This listing is not meant to be a full history of the lines south of the Maroochy River, more so a listing of interesting events to have
occurred over the years since opening.
Additional items are always welcome.
Compiled By Brad Peadon
Moreton Mill to River Depot
1901-00-00 – Line opened to Rosemount (Perrens). Horse worked.
1905-00-00 – MORETON (Krauss) purchased and replaced horse working.
1911-03-31 – 50 men employed on construction to River Depot Terminus.
1911-11-25 – Official opening of the new River Depot terminus (south side)
1924-??-?? – Council moves resolution to move tramway a further 6ft away from businesses premises on the corner of Currie and Howard Streets.
1928-02-00 – Maroochy River lifting bridge washed away in flood.
1928-02-28 – Bridge still washed away.
1928-02-00 – Local proposal to convert damaged bridge into a road/rail bridge.
1938-03-25 – Bridge considered dangerous to river traffic at night.
1938-03-25 – Conversion to road/rail traffic raised again.
1940-04-12 – Discussion between road/rail conversion of lift bridge of a punt.
1952-06-?? – Council requests that tramway points are removed from Howard St.
Petrie/Paynters Creek & Eudlo Flats Lines
1916-??-?? – Petrie Creek Extension (3miles) under construction. Used for 1916 season.
1917 – Lift bridge opened.
1990s – Lift bridge removed later in the decade.